Sunday 20 February 2011

The response from Mr Chisthi MP to my email about Southeastern

(Dated 7-2-11 copied word for word)

Dear Mr Sams

Thank you for your recent email expresing your concern with Southeastern Railway services. The issue you raise is of great concern to many of my constituents, with delayed services and rising fares causing particular unrest.

I have noted your particular concerns about the recently 12% rise in the cost of ticket prices and the figures demonstrating that they are meeting the 81% punctuality target. I have forwarded a copy of your email to Theresa Villiers MP, Minister for Transport, asking her to respond to the points you have raised with me on this specific issue together with your comments regarding customer service.

I am in regular contact with Southeastern and I will bear in mind your comments when I next meet with representitives from the company. I also make regular visits to both Gillingham and Rainham stations during the morning peak times; dates for my next visits will be announced soon and I do hope you will come and speak to me if you are at one of the stations during these visits.

I will write to you again when I have received a response from Ms Villiers.

Yours sincerely

Rehman Chisthi MP

( I'm more than happy with this response and I will post any further communicationm, especially any response from Ms Villiers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment