Wednesday 14 December 2011

Greed and threats to Santa

Today's Metro yielded a surprising story about Christmas and shows the terrifying side to culture in this country and greed (also in my opinion bad parenting.)

Makeeda Austin wrote to Santa with a wish list including a Blackberry and the real life Justin Bieber.

Awww...

She's 13 and she knows Santa doesn't exist.

I don't really believe in Santa anymore but I was angry because I thought I wasn't going to get all the presents I wanted this year.
I want all these things and I don't see why I shouldn't get them.


What?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd never get away with crap like that! Lumps of coal or nothing. Surely her Mum has something to say?

When I first found the letter, I thought it was funny. Now I think I'd better get her what she wants. The last thing I want is for her to kill Santa!

Oh yeah I forgot to say if Santa doesn't bring AT LEAST two of these things he dies and she'll hunt down his Reindeer and
Cook them and serve their meat to homeless people on Xmas day.
Remember Two things or you die.

What the hell?

Kaley Cuoco, if anyone wants to get her for me that would be swell


I want to be king, have a new laptop so I can write on the train, I'd love to have the real life Kaley Cuoco around the house but y'know...
It concerns me there are people out there who think like this and worse parents who let them think like it.

Similar attitudes were taken during the riots where people felt that they were entitled to the items in the shops... I really wonder what is going on in people's heads. We all want stuff but you have to work for it and save for it. It is one of the great unfair things about life but its the truth.

Some people may find this story amusing but I sincerely find it a scary insight into modern mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment